HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) is the system that most homeowners use to keep their homes comfortable all year. An HVAC split system is ideal for homes with plenty of storage space. The condenser and compressor are housed in an outdoor cabinet in the split system model, while the evaporator coil will be housed in another indoor cabin. Ultimately, the cool air will be routed through the duct system by an air handler. A line set, a copper tube that connects the indoor and outdoor components, transports cold air to the home.
Advantages of having a split system
A split system can be very useful for many reasons, whether it be the system’s performance or the cost of maintaining the system. Here are a few of these advantages:
- More Efficient – The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficient Ratio) rating for split systems is typically 25 or higher, significantly higher than the rating for package systems.
- Customizable – Since a split system has two components, placement is more flexible than a large HVAC packaged unit.
- Lower Maintenance – Ductless mini-split systems have lower maintenance costs than any other central air system. So, you won’t need to call in air conditioner repair in Hemet, CA, frequently.
- Greater Energy Efficiency – Since split systems are completely ductless, they increase your energy savings and lower your future utility bills. In some cases, ductless air conditioners can outperform standard air conditioners, achieving more than 30 SEER.
- Zoning – Split system air conditioners divide your home into zones to cool different areas. Unlike traditional AC systems, which have a single thermostat for the entire space, each zone will have its thermostat.
When should you replace your system?
When properly maintained, most split-system air conditioning (AC) units have a lifespan of 15 to 20 years. After that, even if your system appears to be cooling your Redmond home, you should think about replacing it. For optimal performance, each component of your split system must be inspected and maintained.
If one of these components requires extensive repair, it may be time to replace the split system. Because both indoor and outdoor units work in tandem, it’s critical to replace both at the same time for maximum efficiency and performance. Attempting to replace only one component may result in an unsuitable system that will not function when replaced together.
You should replace your AC if:
- The AC unit is blowing hot/cold air, which is inconsistent with temperature settings
- The unit has diminished airflow
- It is leaking or producing excess moisture
- It is short cycling
- It requires frequent repairs and is out of warranty
Your air conditioner is vital part in your home which needs to be cared for. If you do not know when your AC is dying and should be replaced, your cost of maintaining it will keep increasing every summer. EASE provides AC repair in Hemet, CA, and surrounding areas. We provide various services such as Mini Split Systems, Central Air Systems, Heat Pumps, and much more. Contact us today at 866-788-3273.