We see it all the time: a dissatisfied homeowner approaches AC repair service in Murrietta, CA, for help with an AC issue that they could have simply repaired themselves! So, to save you money and restore your comfort, we at AC repair service in Murrietta, CA, have compiled a list of troubleshooting methods that will assist you in resolving a wide range of central air conditioning issues. When you’re experiencing AC problems before going on our official website, we advise you to try the following DIY AC troubleshooting tips.
Here are eight things to ask to help you maintain your air conditioner running efficiently throughout the summer before calling AC unit repair in Murrietta, CA, for help.
Is The Filter Clogged?
- A clogged filter inhibits airflow, lowering efficiency, and diminishes the capacity to efficiently chill the air, regardless of your air conditioner type. Ensure you clean the filter in your window or portable air conditioner lately and then check it regularly.
- Check the filter manufacturer’s recommendations on when to replace it in central air conditioning systems. HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) filters lasted from three to twelve months in AC repair service in Murrietta, CA’s testing.
- Please check if your central air system is on all the time or if you have pets, you need to replace your filters regularly. Nine times out of ten, when central air systems aren’t operating properly, it’s due to a filthy filter.
Is It Too Bright In Here?
- If direct sunlight is coming on your window air conditioner throughout the day, it will have to work more to keep your area cold.
- If you have the option, relocate it to a more shady location. If not, keep your shades and drapes closed throughout the day to keep the sun out of your home and keep it from heating it.
Is There Any Warm Air Seeping In?
- Check the seals surrounding your window air conditioner to ensure that neither hot nor cold air is leaking in.
- If required, re-seal the area surrounding your unit with weather stripping.
- Most new window units come with insulating panels to go over the plastic movable side panels. However, you’ll still need to put weather stripping around the unit’s exterior to maximum efficiency.
Does Your Window Air Conditioner Vibrate?
- The buzz of the fan and the sound of the compressor spinning on and off produce a lot of noise in an AC. These sounds are to be expected.
- However, if your device vibrates, it’s possible that it was put on incorrectly.
- Ensure that it’s firmly in place in the window, then go through the installation instructions in your owner’s handbook to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
Is Your Thermostat Set To The Proper Temperature?
- You can adjust the thermostat’s temperature in your house with a smart or programmable thermostat so that it’s pleasant while you’re home and a little warmer when you’re not.
- If the temperature doesn’t seem right, ensure the thermostat isn’t in direct sunlight, which might cause it to indicate the incorrect temperature.
Is It Possible That The Registers Are Blocked Or Soiled?
- You need to vacuum the registers regularly if you have a forced-air heating and cooling system to eliminate dust accumulation.
- Make sure that nothing is stopping the airflow through your registers, such as furniture or other items.
Is The Compressor Overburdened With Plants?
- The outdoor central air compressor requires enough airflow to function properly, so it is important to leave a minimum 2 to 3 feet gap between the compressor and any plants or buildings.
- The unit’s top and any trees must have a 5-foot clearance above it.
Do You Recall The Yearly Physical Examination?
- A professional HVAC examination may detect any severe issues before they worsen and leave you hot and irritated.
- The expert will inspect all moving components and the refrigerant and, if required, refresh the system.
We’ve worked with refrigerant problems before, so no matter what’s wrong, we’ll be able to figure out what’s wrong and fix it. We are here to help you in running your AC again. Find out more about our AC repair service in Murrietta, CA, or make an appointment!
Since 2007, EASE has specialized in home comfort and efficiency for our utility, city, and municipal partners. We are now providing the same level of expertise, timeliness, and exceptional customer service to our residential clients.
To Know More About Ac Unit Repair In Murrietta, CA, Visit Our Official Website.
- Among the services we provide are
- Maintenance / Tune-up
- Repairing an air conditioner
- Repairing Your Heating System
- Replacement / New Installation
- EASE Care Plan – Complete Home Care