The compressor is the lifeline of the air conditioning system because it helps promote cool air throughout your home. Almost all the AC replacements in San Jacinto, CA, will recommend replacing the entire AC unit instead of replacing or repairing a malfunctioning compressor.
A malfunctioning compressor can cause the AC system to shut down permanently if the issues remain unaddressed for a long time. So, it is necessary to report the issue before the damage extends its horizon.
1. A Compressor is One of the Vital Parts of Every AC System
You may wonder what a compressor does when the compressor malfunctions. Is the only solution air conditioning replacement? To understand the importance of an AC compressor, you need to learn how an AC system works.
There are five essential components behind the AC system functioning:
- Condenser coils
- Evaporator coils
- Expansion valve
The air conditioning system’s functioning is based on the laws of thermodynamics. The compression and expansion of refrigerant gas lead to the change in pressure and temperature simultaneously. The compressor puts pressure on the refrigerant gas, increasing the refrigerant temperature.
The increase in pressure and temperature makes the space for refrigerants to cool down. As the heat from the refrigerant transfers to the outer atmosphere, the refrigerant cools down, and it can absorb the heat from the indoor air. So, the cooling sensation you feel when you switch on the AC system is the same indoor air but without heat.
2. Some Signs Indicate you Need to Call the AC Repair Technician
Here are some signs according to the air conditioner replacement in San Jacinto, CA, that tells the compressor is exhausted:
- The air conditioning system makes growling, screeching, or clattering noises that scare you.
- An AC system taking time to start is a telltale sign the compressor is exhausted from excessive working.
- The AC systems start to blow less efficient air or warm air.
- The compressor is malfunctioning when the AC circuit fuse starts to trip down because the compressor is fetching more electricity than its requirement to continue processing.
- Another sign that the compressor is malfunctioning is when you can hear the AC system running but cannot feel the air coming out of the vents.
- According to the AC installation in San Jacinto, CA, a reduced airflow issue does not mean a compressor malfunctioning, but it can also indicate blocked vents or air filters.
3. Reasons Why a Compressor Gets Damaged and Malfunctions
Here are some reasons that hamper the compressor performance and lead to wreckage:
- Low refrigerant levels
- Old age and excessive working
- Faulty wiring
- Malfunctioning motor
- A clogged air filter blocks the air
- Blown fuses
If your air conditioning system displays any malfunctioning signs, then do not wait for the symptoms to resolve themselves on their own. With time, the issue’s complexity increases, so without wasting any moments, call Ease for air conditioner replacement in San Jacinto, CA, for a quick inspection service.